Well, the use of computers and technology has made things easier for us. Why go out in the heat and stand in long queues when you can get the same work done from the comfort of your home within seconds and just by clicking a button. Thanks to technology, this is the era when the computers have facilitated us with many online portals and links which we can visit in no time and make the payments like electricity bill, telephone bill, credit card bill, etc.
The same invention has been adopted and practiced by the transport department of our country as well. Having facilitated many services including the application For DL online, things are much easier now. Here, let us learn on How to Apply for DL Online.
How to apply for DL online
It is more convenient and less time taking to apply for a DL online. You can just download the license application form from the website and submit it with all the necessary documents. The details on How to apply for DL online is mentioned herewith:
- Visit the Sarathi website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- Select the tab of ‘New Driving Licence’ option from the ‘Sarathi Services’ column on the homepage.
- You will be directed to a new page
- The new page will have instructions on the online application process
- Download the form and start filling in the details required.
- Submit it with the necessary documents.
- A Web Application Number (WAN) will be given to you after you upload your form with the documents. Note down this number and keep it safely as you will need it to track the status of your application.
- Once the application has been processed, you will receive a notification via SMS.
Your application form will need the following details:
- Type of License needed, whether Learning License, or a permanent Driving License
- State of the Applicant
- Name of your respective RTO or DTO
- Full name of the applicant – like the first name, middle name and the surname
- Gender of the applicant
- Date of birth of the applicant
- Place of birth of the applicant
- Email address of the applicant (If you do not have, you can leave it blank)
- Full name of the father or husband or guardian whichever is applicable
- The proof of residence or permanent address proof (copy to be attached with the form)
- The Current address
- Blood Group
- Citizenship status
- Identification mark in case any
- Information on the type of vehicle the applicant wants to drive. Maximum 19 vehicle types can be applied. The details needed are the type of license like learner’s license or driving license, the description of the type of vehicle, the Registration Certificate number of the vehicle etc.
Documents needed to submit with the Driving License
- Learner’s License in case you are applying for a permanent license
- Physical Fitness form, medical certificate in case of learners license
- Proof of address: The address proof can be one of these: Aadhar card, Ration card, Passport, Voter’s identity card or EPIC Card, Life insurance policy (LIC), major bills like electricity bill, telephone bill, gas bill, water bill etc., state or central government issued pay slip, etc.
- Proof of age: For the age proof the applicant can submit PAN card or school matriculation certificate or Voter’s identity card or EPIC card or passport or birth certificate.
- Driving school certificate (Only in case of transport vehicle driving license applicants).
- Some passport size photographs.
Post this you can book your slot for a learner’s license online through the same Sarathi website or Regional Transport Authority website.